If you want to attract new clients to your financial services business and increase your chances of recruiting top talent, showcasing your agency's wealth management wisdom on your blog is crucial. But how do you know what to blog about when you're plagued by writer's block and have no idea which topics to cover? Use the following blogging cheat sheet for financial advisors and you'll never be stuck for ideas again.
1) Keep a notebook of ideas with you at all times. Whether it's a digital notebook on your smartphone or a physical notebook you keep next to your phone, you should have instant access to your blogging brainstorming book at all times. Scribble notes for blog post ideas when you're catching up on the latest financial headlines over breakfast, when you're listing to a wealth management podcast, or when you're scrolling through your Twitter feed. Blog post ideas are all around you, but you have to make the effort to capture those snippets of ideas when they strike.
2) Speaking of podcasts, you can discover an abundance of blog post ideas by viewing podcast titles from within the wealth management sector. Combine ideas from a couple of podcast titles and/or see where your inspiration takes you.
3) Have you ever heard of SXSW (South by Southwest)? This annual conference brings together all sorts of business professionals, including those from the financial services sector. SXSW offers an awesome panel picker where attendees can vote on submissions for presentations they would like to hear. Use the SXSW panel picker to hunt for topic ideas you could address in your blog. Search for keywords related to your industry and use the suggestions you find as inspiration for your blog. While you don't want to copy someone's idea, the wide variety of topics you'll find will provide plenty of creative ideas you can expand upon.
4) Read technology headlines from sites like FinTech Weekly to inspire your writing efforts. Contemplate how new technologies are transforming the wealth management sector and author posts pondering the impact of AI, Chatbots, digital transformation, etc. Once you start digging into the technology sector and how it applies to wealth management, you'll discover so many ideas you won't know where to stop.
5) Take notes when you're attending networking conferences. The tidbits of conversation you'll overhear or the keynote speakers you'll listen to will provide plenty of fodder your financial services blog.
6) Use a keyword tool to help you discover blogging ideas. Enter keywords related to questions your clients often ask and watch as your query generates an abundance of possible post topics.
7) If you're really stuck for ideas for your financial services blog, consider using a title generator to spark your blogging imagination. It might take a few tries, but you'll be surprised at the variety of article suggestions you'll discover using an automated title generator.
These are just a few of many ways financial advisors can up their content marketing game. Frequent blogging is critical for improved search engine optimization and client acquisition. The more adept you become at creating engaging article topics, the likelier it is your content marketing efforts will reap rewards.
More articles related to: Marketing